Cristiano Ronaldo angered by team-mate Isco

Isco

CRISTIANO RONALDO is reportedly growing tired and angry at Real Madrid team-mate Isco

The Spaniard is struggling to break into the Real Madrid first team this season, despite the departure of attacking counterpart James Rodriguez.Isco netted a hat-trick in Spain’s 6-1 win over Argentina earlier this week to stake his claim for some minutes under Zinedine Zidane.But the midfielder has failed to replicate those sorts of performances in a Madrid shirt this season.

And according to Diario Gol, Isco’s recent showings have annoyed Bernabeu team-mate Ronaldo.

The Spanish publication claims the 33-year-old wants the Madrid ace sold this summer.

Isco

Isco and Cristiano Ronaldo are reportedly having trouble

Sergio Ramos

Sergio Ramos has been quick to defend Isco recently

Diario Gol report Ronaldo only wants players who are happy to assist him on the field.Ronaldo, along with team-mate Sergio Ramos are said to be angry at Isco’s attitude in games of late.However, Ramos is reportedly keen to see Isco remain at the club.

The Spain star defended his fellow countryman after the Spain clash, when Zinedine Zidane was criticised by Isco.

The former Malaga star bemoaned the fact he wasn’t playing regularly in La Liga.

“I do not know if he has expressed himself badly, I have not listened to him, but Isco is a great player and both Zizou and [Julen] Lopetegui have trusted and trust him, for me, he is a very important player in Madrid and the national team,” he said.”We are different players in the team and in the national team, there are many nuances that make you change, you do not play in the same way, you enjoy football and life, the decisions it deems convenient.”

Exclusive: Napoli and Roma ready to launch bids for Liga MX goalkeeper

Napoli and Roma ready to launch bids for Liga MX goalkeeper

 

journalist Giacomo Brunetti understands Napoli are weighing up the possibility of bidding for Querétaro goalkeeper Tiago Volpi during this summer’s transfer window.

Indeed, with Pepe Reina set to leave on a free transfer in order to join AC Milan, signing a new goalkeeper is high on Partenopei sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli’s list of priorities.

The 27-year-old is rated as the best shot stopper in Liga MX, while his entourage are ready to offer his services to the Stadio San Paolo side in a bid to kick start his career on the Old Continent.

Roma are also said to be monitoring his situation, with Brazilian national team goalie Alisson’s future still clouded in uncertainty amid interest from Real Madrid and Liverpool.

His current contract is worth less than €1 million per season and is due to expire in 2020, so it would not take a huge offer to prize him away from central Mexico.

Manchester United news: Jose Mourinho says Luke Shaw could start against Swansea despite rift reports

Manchester United news: Jose Mourinho says Luke Shaw could start against Swansea despite rift reports

Jose Mourinho and Luke Shaw’s relationship at Manchester United has been complicated

The 22-year-old left-back started United’s FA Cup quarter-final win against Brighton before the international break, but he was hauled off at half-time – frustration compounded by his manager’s post-match comments.

Reports have suggested the England international will leave Old Trafford this summer after a dressing room bust-up.

However, Shaw is in line to be involved against Swansea on Saturday and could even start if Ashley Young does not overcome his knee complaint.

“If he’s available or unavailable, Luke Shaw is always an option,” Mourinho said.

“Ashley Young was available to play against Brighton and I started with Luke Shaw, so that’s not a problem.”

Young is a doubt due to the issue he sustained towards the end of England’s midweek 1-1 draw with Italy, while back-up goalkeeper Sergio Romero is out for a “few weeks” after suffering a collision on Argentina duty.

Daley Blind is back in training after injury but not available to feature against Swansea, but Phil Jones, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo and Scott McTominay are in contention.

However, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is obviously one less option for United after completing his move to the LA Galaxy.

“He’s a huge, big player that top football, European football, is losing now – and will lose forever because he will not be back to this level of football,” Mourinho said.

“But it’s fantastic for him in this period, I think it is a fantastic way for him not to go from being a player to being a former player. I think this period with Galaxy, these couple of years, probably will be very good for him and American football.”

Carlo Ancelotti hands Premier League clubs a boost after comments

Bayern Munich win the Bundesliga

Carlo Ancelotti hands Premier League clubs a boost after comments

Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has handed a host of Premier League clubs a boost after his recent comments over the Italian national team job.

 The former Real Madrid and Bayern Munich boss has been out of the job since the latter was beaten 3-1 by Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.

Not only that, the German side had performed poorly in the Bundesliga and were looking out of the title race early on.

That lead to Carlo’s departure, with Jupp Heynckes steadying the ship and impressing in his latest stint as Bayern boss.

Though, Ancelotti’s future has now come into question with Arsenal and Chelsea set to be looking for a manager this summer.

Speaking to Corriere dello Sport, Ancelotti was asked about the Italian national team job.

Safe to say, he avoided the question like an expert and suggested that is goal is to train a club team.

‘My answer is this: the federation, now with the help of Coni, must create its own new structure, after which it will make the decision,’ he explained.

‘I rest of my idea, it takes first clarity, then you can think about it, even if my goal is still to train a club team.’

‘I still do not know, it’s all on the high seas, you have to wait a couple of months. 

‘Now the Champions League is back and, unless the rules are changed, there is only one team that wins it. Which others will they do?’

Carlo Ancelotti is keeping tabs on #Chelsea and Arsenal as Antonio Conte and Arsene Wenger continue to come under pressure at their respective clubs.

Arsenal vs Chelsea: Thomas Tuchel’s next move

Another former Bundesliga boss who is on the market is Thomas Tuchel.

Not only that, the two clubs who have been linked with a move for Ancelotti are being touted as his destination.

Ex-Tottenham Hotspur defender Sol Campbell rejected an ‘absolutely astounding offer’ from Barcelona to join Arsenal

Ex-Tottenham Hotspur defender Sol Campbell rejected an 'absolutely astounding offer' from Barcelona to join Arsenal - talkSPORT exclusive

Sol Campbell’s agent has revealed the defender turned down an ‘absolutely astounding’ offer from Barcelona before making a controversial switch to arsenal

Back in 2001, the England international allowed his contract at White Hart Lane to expire, and controversially moved down the Seven Sisters Road to local rivals Arsenal.

Sky Andrew, Campbell’s agent, has revealed the defender also had another proposition on the table – to join LaLiga side Barcelona.

Speaking on the Hawksbee and Jacobs Show on Wednesday, Andrew exclsuively revealed: “He received an absolutely astounding offer from Barcelona, even in today’s market it’s outstadning.

“It was many times more than what he would have got at Arsenal.

“But all the way along, because he was so focused on what was best for his football career (and I was saying ‘you have to do what is best for your football career’) what transpired in the end was that Arsenal was the best place for him to go and play football.

“No time before that was he considering going to Arsenal because when you’ve got every top club in the world after you, and his position was ‘I’m not talking til I’ve got it sorted out with Spurs.’”

When Campbell eventually returned to his former club with the Gunners, he was met with banners bearing the name ‘Judas’ and a racous atmosphere.

However, despite no longer being adored by the Lilywhites, Andrew told Hawksbee and Jacobs about the presonal turmoil the move caused the centre-half.

“He obviously at that time just wanted to stay at the club,” he added.

“He was trying to find a way to stay at the club, but in the end it didn’t work out.

“And then, when the decision was made, that it was the bets place foir him to play his football, it still wasn’t easy.

“Even the night before, and this is an exlcusive for you guys, we still wasn’t sure it was gonna happen [sic]”

 

Seven Years Later, Chardy Downs Dimitrov Again

Image result for pics of jeremy chardy

Seven Years Later, Chardy Downs Dimitrov Again

Almost seven years after his first victory over Grigor Dimitrov, Jeremy Chardy finally registers his second.

Flash back to 2011: Grigor Dimitrov, a hotly rated 19-year-old prospect finally making progress at the tour level after claiming his fourth ATP Challenger Tour title, is playing his third Grand Slam main draw at Roland Garros. Jeremy Chardy, at 24 years old, is making his own tour-level inroads but comprehensively outplays the Bulgarian, winning in three easy sets.

Fast forward to 2018: Top 5 in the world, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titlist and Nitto ATP Finalschampion, Dimitrov came into his Miami Open presented by Itau matchup with Chardy having won the three meetings following their Roland Garros encounter. However, the unseeded Frenchman would ultimately play well above his ranking, claiming victory over his esteemed opponent 6-4, 6-4 in one hour, 24 minutes.

The match was closely contested in the first set, with both players holding their serves with relative ease. Chardy, using his topspin-laden forehand, would pound away at the Dimitrov backhand, bending it until it finally broke to give him the set. The second set was much of the same, with Chardy surging ahead with similar tactics and breaking at the same moment to earn his first win over his opponent since 2011.

After a slow start to the season, the 31-year-old’s win over the No. 3 seed marks his eighth of the year. He matched his five double faults with five aces and only faced – and saved – one break point throughout the match.

He advances to face the winner of Milos Raonic and Diego Schwartzman, who take to court later Sunday evening to contest the final match of the day on Stadium court.

Short-handed Notre Dame facing deep Oregon Ducks in Elite Eight

Notre Dame guard Arike Ogunbowale (24), guard Marina Mabrey (3), forward Kathryn Westbeld (33) and guard Jackie Young celebrate during the second half of their Sweet 16 win over Texas A&M on Saturday in Spokane.

SPOKANE — To look at its resume alone, Notre Dame‘s accomplishments this season could be seen as business as usual for the historically dominant program.

After a fifth consecutive ACC regular-season title, the Irish (32-3) earned a top seed in the NCAA Tournament for a seventh consecutive season. They have played in the tournament each of the past 23 years.

Of course, this year has been anything but normal.

Four Irish players are sitting out after suffering injuries to the anterior cruciate ligament in their knees, all in the past calendar year. Three of those injuries – Mychal Johnson, Mikyala Vaughn and Lili Thompson – have occurred since the fall, leaving Notre Dame with seven healthy players on scholarship entering Monday’s Elite Eight matchup with No. 2 seed Oregon at Spokane Arena (6 p.m.).

In addition, post Kathryn Westbeld is nursing an injured ankle and scored four points with six rebounds in 32 minutes in Saturday’s Sweet 16 win over Texas A&M. On Sunday, Westbeld said she “feels a little bit better each day.”

“I think with the limited bench that we have,” coach Muffet McGraw said, “it makes it difficult for them.”

To reach the program’s first Final Four, the Ducks (33-4) must use their depth – what coach Kelly Graves has called one of the team’s strengths – as an advantage.

In its Sweet 16 victory Saturday, Oregon’s bench players outscored those from Central Michigan, another team with a short rotation, 15-2. Notre Dame’s starters contributed 84 of its 90 points against the Aggies.

“I always feel like we have an advantage when it comes to depth,” Graves said. “We really do play a deep bench, sometimes not a ton of minutes.

“…We’ll always try to use that as an advantage. I love our bench. I trust our bench.”

Forward Oti Gildon, who grew up in Spokane and became a five-star recruit at local Gonzaga Prep, has been instant offense off the bench in the postseason with 32 points in 64 minutes. She also grabbed seven rebounds in Saturday’s 83-69 win over Central Michigan. Post Mallory McGwire is a dangerous shooter with her foul-line jumper her calling card.

The attrition has hurt how many guards Muffet can play, in particular. There is no scholarship guard she can insert off the bench.

The Ducks are led by national player of the year candidate Sabrina Ionescu who, along with Lexi Bando, gives Oregon a pair of players among the nation’s top-20 in three-point accuracy. UO leads the country in three-point shooting despite making just 35 percent of its attempts from deep Saturday.

Tottenham target Abdoulaye Doucoure reveals Liverpool affection

Richarlison de Andrade (R) of Watford celebrates scoring his side's second goal with his team mate Abdoulaye Doucoure (L) during the Premier League match between West Bromwich Albion and...

Tottenham Hotspur target Abdoulaye Doucoure has revealed an ambition to join Liverpool.

Abdoulaye Doucoure has told Canal Plus in France that it would be a dream of his to join Liverpool this summer.

The Watford midfielder has been linked with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal in recent months.

The Sun reported in February that Tottenham were lining up a £50 million double swoop for the 25-year-old and his team-mate Richarlison in the upcoming transfer window.

But if his latest comments are anything to go by, Spurs could struggle if Liverpool are intent on signing him.

He told Canal Plus: “Liverpool is a club that need no introduction.

Watford's French midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure (C) runs with the ball during the English FA Cup fourth round football match between Southampton and Watford at St Mary's Stadium in...

“I was impatient to play there, at Anfield. I wanted to feel the atmosphere. For me it would be a dream to play in a club like this.”

Liverpool might well be in the market for someone of Doucoure’s ilk this summer as speculation continues to cloud Emre Can’s future at Anfield.

The Germany midfielder looks like he might be leaving Merseyside for free, unless the Reds satisfy his salary demands of £200,000 per week according to The Mirror.

But the Reds have Naby Keita set to join in June and given that Doucoure is rated at around £40 million according to The Mirror, he would be a very expensive replacement for Can.

Tottenham have other options if Doucoure is unavailable, with links to Werder Bremen’s Thomas Delaney and Napoli powerhouse Amadou Diawara cropping up this weekend.

Arsenal FC news: Arsene Wenger labels constant calls for his head as ‘age discrimination’

Arsenal FC news: Arsene Wenger labels constant calls for his head as 'age discrimination'

Arsene Wenger calls constant criticism ‘age discrimination’

The 68-year-old has been in charge of the north London club since being appointed in October 1996, a total of nearly 22 years.

However, this season has been one of the most testing in his tenure at the club, with dissenting voices calling for him to leave growing more raucous by the week.

Although the Frenchman accepted responsibility for poor performances, he didn’t want his age to count against him.

Wenger said in an interview with beIN SPORTS: “Look, when you age… you focus on doing well for your club and ignore all the rest.

“The older you get, the more it becomes age discrimination. I accept if the results are not good enough then you have to take the consequences

“But overall that perpetual thing how long you been at a club, how old you are, I find that a bit difficult to take. But all the rest I have to accept because I am in a public job and have to make results and I accept I will be judged on results.

“I am maybe naive enough to believe that with the time going on, with perspective and context will stand out what I have done for my club and not so much the result of the last game or how much I will be applauded when I stop one day.”

It has been 14 years since the Gunners lifted the Premier League trophy, and the team are currently sixth and 13 points off the Champions League places.

Although Europa League success this campaign would mean a return to elite European competition next year, it is a competition the Gunners have never won.

Despite the pressure, Wenger wishes to at least see out his contract, which expires in 2019.

“I’m a little bit fed up of all that modern thing about completely taking care of image,” he added.

“I’ve always worked my whole life about with the idea of who you are rather than how you look so I’m not too concerned about that.”

Napoli, Mertens: “The direct clash with Juventus will be our final for the Scudetto”

The direct clash with Juventus will be our final for the Scudetto

They will need his goals at Napoli to keep the ambitions of the Scudettoalive. Dries Mertens spoke at the press conference from the retreat with the Belgian national team, with whom he is involved with in friendlies. With regard to the Serie A, the attacker expressed himself saying: “The direct clash with Juventus will be our final, so I want to be in the best shape in the last nine days that remain. Winning the championship with Napoli would be fantastic”.

The experience in the Serie A has encouraged growth for Mertens as a person and a player: “Italy has improved me. With Belgium it is more difficult to play in the role I have at Napoli, but the important thing is to be ready”

On the Belgium squad selections: “Each of us must know how to put aside our will for collective interest. Nobody likes to sit on the bench but the desire to do well can make the difference. The group is full of energy – we are hungry for victories and each of us would like to take the field. Saudi Arabia is waiting for us on Tuesday.”